Any doubts? Here you will find some of the most common questions in our community.
Can I record vertically shots with my slider?
Sure! Both the Compact and Slider & Dolly can support a weight up to 3.5 kg in vertical.
What cable do I need to connect my camera to the slider and control the shots?
To be able to control the shots of your camera with the slider, you will need a trigger cable with 3.5mm minijack output. This cable is not included with the slider, since it varies depending on each camera model. Here is a list of cables for some of the most relevant models:
Can I replace the battery of my slider? What kind of battery should I need?
- If you want to change the battery, you can buy the same one that comes standard (4000 mAh) through the following link. If you prefer, you can buy another of greater or lesser capacity as long as it has the following characteristics:
- Input voltage: 12.6V DC
- Output voltage: 12.6-10.8V DC
- Output current: 1-2.4A
- Interface specification: 5.5 * 2.1mm
At what maximum and minimum temperature can my slider work?
Any of our sliders is ready to work without any problem in a range of -15ºC to 45ºC (5ºF to 113ºF).
How do I assemble and disassemble the panning system of the Ápodo Compact?
Easy, to do so you will need a 4mm allen key and follow these steps:
- Position the slider carriage in the central area to access the lanyard screw.
- Use the allen key to release the screw.
- Make sure the screw that holds the camera stays in place.
Can I connect my slider directly to the current? What do I need to do?
Absolutely. Thanks to the 12V power supply, you can forget about the battery life by connecting it directly to any conventional plug.
What kind of tripod should I use to support my slider?
For the Compact, there should be two tripods with a ball joint and not with a fluid head, since it will be necessary to put the plate at 90º on the sides of the slider to be able to hold it.